After extensive tests we have come to conclusion that the best refrigerator water filter of 2019 is EveryDrop 4.
EveryDrop 4 has a nice flow rate of 0.8 gpm. It’s a bit expensive compared to generic water filters but in this case you really get what you pay for, cheaper water filters generally only have NSF/ANSI 42 certification if any at all which means they don’t get rid of harmful contaminants.
EveryDrop 4 refrigerator water filter is NSF/ANSI 42, 53 and 401 certified, which means:
- NSF/ANSI 42: reduces aesthetic or non-health related contaminants that might affect the taste of water
- NSF/ANSI 53: reduces specific health-related contaminants through carbon filtration including Cryptosporidium, Giardia, some heavy metals, pesticides, herbicides, benzene, MTBE, radon, trihalomethanes and PCBs
- NSF/ANSI 404: reduces 15 contaminants found in tap water including herbicides, pesticides or drugs.
The end result is that EveryDrop 4 refrigerator water filter makes water very pure – it’s clear, clean and has no taste. Before you order make sure it fits your refrigerator model – you can enter your model number in Amazon to see whether it will fit.
- Makes water very pure
- NSF/ANSI 42, 53 and 401 certified
- More expensive than generic water filters
- Replaces model numbers UKF8001 & 4396395
- Product Dimensions: 2.5 x 3 x 9.4 inches
- Weight: 8 ounces
- EveryDrop Filter 4 is the only filter Certified by Whirlpool Corporation to work with your Whirlpool, Maytag, KitchenAid, JennAir, and Amana refrigerator.